Who: Arkansas (0-0) vs. Mississippi Valley State (0-0)
What: 2020-21 season opener
When: Wednesday, Nov. 25, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Fayetteville, Nolan Richardson Court at Bud Walton Arena
How (to follow):
• TV: SEC Network Plus (Brett Dolan and Manny Watkins) CLICK HERE to Watch SEC/ESPN Online
• Radio: ESPN Arkansas 95.3 in the River Valley, 96.3 in Hot Springs and 104.3 in Harrison-Mountain Home on the Learfield IMG College Razorback Sports Network (Chuck Barrett and Matt Zimmerman)
• Online: Listen online at HitThatLine.com or CLICK HERE
• Sirius/XM: XM Channel 390, Streaming Online on channel 980
• Live Stats: www.Arkansas.StatBroadcast.com
Arkansas opens the 98th season of men’s basketball on Wednesday against Mississippi Valley State.
Tip-off is set for 6:30 pm and the game is sold out.
• This will be the sixth meeting between Arkansas and Mississippi Valley State — all taking place in Fayetteville — and first since 2011-12. The Razorbacks own a 5-0 advantage in the series.
• The Razorbacks have won 45 straight home openers, including a 27-0 record in openers inside Bud Walton Arena. Overall, the Razorbacks have won 46 of the last 49 seasons openers.
• Desi Sills was named preseason All-SEC and the Razorbacks were picked to finish sixth.
• Arkansas has a school-record 11 new scholarship players this season.
• Arkansas’ has an NCAA-high of 12 total newcomers (four graduate seniors, three sit-out transfers and five freshmen).
• Graduate senior Vance Jackson Jr., is only 10 points shy of 1,000 for his career while fellow graduate senior Jalen Tate is only 50 points shy of 1,000.
• Arkansas enters 2020-21 owning the nation’s third-best streak for consecutive games making a 3-pointer with 1,043. UNLV – which has made a trey in every game since the rule was established – has a streak of 1,102 and Duke is second at 1,090. Western Kentucky trails Arkansas at 1,040.
Information from Arkansas Communications is included in this story.